By now you realize that you have been diagnosed with a very rare disorder – so rare that you have had trouble finding out what it even is and how to deal with it.
This page has been designed with you in mind. It is hoped that you will be able to find the answers to the burning question of “Now what do I do?”
Here is a list of links on our website that might help you:
- Causes of hyoparathyroidism [video]
- What is hypoparathyroidism and what the goal should be in managing hypoparathyroidism. [PDF]
- A Quick Guide to Understanding Hypoparathyroidism [PDF]
- Hypoparathyroidism terms (things you may have heard your doctor say but didn’t or don’t understand completely) [PDF] [Video]
- Resources (publications and articles we have on hypoparathyroidism)
- Clinical Trials There are several studies taking place right now – maybe one or more might be of interest to you; definitely something to discuss with your doctor.
- Links (these are to other sites that others have found useful)
- You might want to check out our events section to see what conferences, workshops, fundraisers, etc are taking place. Since we are a worldwide Association, there could be events taking place in your country.
- Become a member of the Association. It's free! You will have access to the whole site except for The HypoPARA Post, our quarterly newsletter. If you wish to become a Supporting Member then you will have access to our quarterly newsletter along with some other perks.